This four week webinar series will explore ways to move through this unsettling interlude with integrity, confidence and clinical effectiveness. Each webinar will explore a different topic relevant to both short-term therapy and remote service delivery and will include practical skills that can be implemented immediately.
The webinar format and facilitated Discussion Board will allow opportunities for questions and dialogue to address some of the unique challenges that practitioners might be experiencing.
Week 1: Doing the Best You Can With What You Have: Best Practices in Brief and Remote Counselling
Front-line practitioners all want the best for their clients, but it can be challenging to feel helpful when faced with limited time and resources. This webinar will explore what it takes to be clinically effective regardless of the time available or method of service delivery.
Week 2: Hope: The Key to All Effective Brief Therapy
Practitioners often struggle with how to be clinically effective in brief therapy given the time-limited nature of the interaction. This webinar will invite practitioners to consider hope as the “active ingredient” in Brief Therapy and will discuss how to cultivate hope more intentionally in conversations.
Week 3: The Worries are Real: Managing Anxiety, Disappointment and Uncertainty in Troubled Times
There is no denying that the COVID-19 virus has changed the world as we know it. Worry, fear and grief are all reasonable responses. This webinar will explore how we can honour our client’s difficult emotions while nurturing their resiliency.
Week 4: Mindful Presence in Brief Therapy: Staying Grounded, Compassionate, and Hopeful Before, After, and During Challenging Conversations
Supporting others while managing difficult times ourselves can feel exhausting. This webinar will explore the importance of self-awareness and reflexivity for the practitioner.
- Live Webinars (Zoom)
This course is delivered exclusively online as 4 interactive webinars spaced over four weeks.
- Online learning platform (Thinkific LMS)
Participants will have access to online learning modules to supplement live sessions as well as:
• Activities and discussion forum
• Downloadable resources and handouts
• Access replay of session recordings
- Learners will demonstrate understanding of course content through participation in the Discussion Boards
(minimum 1 post per week)
- Learners will identify at least 3 key areas that contribute to effective tele-counselling.
- Learners will identify and implement questions that lead to meaningful change in challenging times.
- Learners will describe the impact of their own beliefs, experiences and social location in their work as helping