While there is a significant body of research that supports the effectiveness of both single session models and brief therapy, many clinicians continue to experience challenges effective when faced with complex clinical situations.
This hands-on workshop will draw upon the theoretical foundations of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Narrative Therapy and Mindfulness theories and offer many opportunities to practice newly learned skills. Emphasis is placed on nurturing resilience, coping and optimism about the future as well as developing sensitive and realistic goals with clients.
- Identify key elements of effective single session therapy.
- Manage time effectively in single or brief sessions.
- Develop sensitive, compassionate and realistic goals with clients.
- Address risk factors within single session and walk-in models.
- Use techniques to remain grounded and attentive when faced with challenging clinical situations.