Vision & Values
Partners & Members
Benefits of SG Training
Board & Staff
SafeGuards Provincial Partners
SafeGuards Training Partner
What is TCI?
Order TCI Training Materials
Schedule of Training
Respite Learning Portal
Portail Formation Répit
Download our brochure
Téléchargez notre brochure
Stay on top of Professional Development opportunities.
Sign up to receive free email notices.
Remove my Email Address
Trauma Informed Practice, Web-based Training
Course Dates/Dates du cours
Click here/Cliquez ici
Take part in an interactive online learning experience focused on actionable skills in trauma-informed practice. Live, online sessions will be augmented by activities and discussions available through the course learning platform.
Research on early childhood adversity has shown that many of the people served by mental health and social service agencies have experienced trauma. In order to respond ethically and effectively to those impacted by trauma, service providers must have significant knowledge of the bio-psycho-social-spiritual impacts of trauma experiences. They must also be able to skillfully respond to trauma-based behaviour to promote well-being and avoid the potential for harm.
This 5-week web-based course will benefit anyone working with individuals who have experienced trauma or in sectors where there is a high prevalence of trauma (i.e. child welfare/well-being, youth justice, mental health and addictions, developmental services, and residential care). The course will also appeal to managers and supervisors who are supporting staff to implement trauma-informed practice principles.
1. Live Webinars (GotoWebinar)
This course is delivered exclusively online as 5 interactive webinars spaced over six weeks.
2. Online learning platform (Thinkific LMS)
Participants will have access to online learning modules to supplement live sessions as well as:
• Activities and discussion forum
• Downloadable resources and handouts
• Access replay of session recordings
Week 1: (Starts Jan. 28) Exploring the Impacts of Trauma and the Rationale for Trauma-Informed Care
Week 2: (Starts Feb. 4) Establishing Safety and Trustworthiness
Week 3: (Starts Feb. 11) Promoting Choice, Control and Collaboration
Week 4: (Starts Feb. 25) Strengths-based Skill-Building
Week 5: (Starts Mar. 4) Navigating Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care
Live Webinars: Mondays @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm EST
Register now for EARLY BIRD PRICING.
Fees after Dec. 22nd: $197.75 (Member), $265.55 (Non-member)
• Recognize the prevalence of trauma experiences in those they serve,
• Describe trauma-based behaviour in terms of its adaptive and protective functions and apply this knowledge to inform assessment and service planning,
• Engage with individuals in ways that promote safety and trust and strengthen client-provider relationships,
• Support individuals and families to develop positive coping skills, identify strategies to prevent the negative impacts of trauma on self and others,
• Take actionable steps to apply trauma-informed practice principles in real-world context across various professional settings.
Participants will engage in deeper learning through self-study and reflection, and by applying new knowledge and skills in their daily work.
Non-member fee/Frais des non membres
Member fee/Frais des membres
Course Dates/Dates du cours
Inscription en ligne
Jan. 28, Feb. 4, 11, 25, and Mar. 4, @ 1:00 to 2:00 pm (TINW11-19)
Copyright © 2012 Safe Guards Training. All Rights Reserved