It can be challenging to have someone else come into your home on a regular basis to care for your child. This course will assist you in: searching out a respite worker that is a good fit with your family, compiling information they need to best support your child and how you can provide training and guidance.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the unique characteristics of your child to a respite care provider.
- Prepare a Binder and written profile of how ASD affects your child.
- Prepare an interview form and questions for a respite care provider.
- Describe methods for positive on-going communication with a worker.
- Identify safety tips for respite workers.
- Outline methods to keep the respite care relationship going smoothly.
- Describe easy ways to modify activities for your child.