This 2-day training workshop will benefit those hoping to improve employee-management relations and prevent common issues such as compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, high turnover, absenteeism, disability, etc. Participants will examine the impact of working with traumatized populations to discover what is needed to reduce the likelihood of negative impact.
On the second day, we work together to take a deeper look at a number of topics. Participants will have the opportunity to practice new ideas and skills. This will be achieved through large and small group discussion, group activities and individual reflection.
- Recognize how individual attachment experiences shape current relationships including those in the workplace
- Use effective leadership teams can mitigate negative impacts
- Run effective team meetings and case reviews using a trauma-informed approach
- Implement agency-wide trauma-informed debriefing strategies
- Build a healthy team culture by encouraging wellness activities and responding to staff issues using a needs-based approach