This workshop will provide understanding and guidance from the perspective of an experienced clinician and program director to design programs and services that better address the high-risk behaviours.
In this course front line staff, therapists, and managers will learn factors for assessing high-risk behaviours and identifying treatment direction, as well as developing cogent safety plans and community reintegration plans. Understanding risk and providing the appropriate treatment in accordance with the Risk-Need-Responsivity (RNR) Principles will dramatically increase positive outcomes and decrease service duration and risk to community.
- Identify risk issues and balance the static and dynamic risk factors.
- Develop a comprehensive assessment which can be modified for on-going interim treatment evaluations and post-treatment outcomes.
- Develop safety plans with individual clients to reduce their risk of offending.
- Develop protocols and practices for working with other service providers.
- Identify treatment interventions and target specific areas for change.
- Through the use of case studies, examine factors associated with treatment gains and successful client outcomes.