This workshop will provide understanding and guidance from the perspective of an experienced clinician and program director to design programs and services that better address the issues.
In this course front line staff, therapists, and managers will learn factors for assessing risk and identifying treatment direction, as well as developing cogent safety plans and community reintegration plans. Understanding risk and providing the appropriate treatment in accordance with the Risk-Need-Responsivity (RNR) Principles will dramatically increase positive outcomes and decrease service duration and risk to community.
- Identify risk issues and balance the static and dynamic risk factors.
- Develop a comprehensive assessment which can be modified for on-going interim treatment evaluations and post-treatment outcomes.
- Develop safety plans with individual clients to reduce their risk of offending.
- Develop protocols and practices for working with other service providers.
- Identify treatment interventions and target specific areas for change.
- Through the use of case studies, examine factors associated with treatment gains and successful client outcomes.