This training is focused on developing advanced skills related to working with clients in a Single Session Therapy or Brief Therapy context. There will be opportunity for skill practice, and specific case consultation on the topics of exploring the intersections between “risk” and brief therapy, practicing skills to establish desired outcomes in complex clinical presentations, and remaining grounded as a practitioner when presented with challenging clinical situations like family conflict, thought disturbance, or other circumstances.
This course has been evaluated by the CCPA at 12 CEC hours.
Prerequisite: Course 1 & 2 of the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Certificate and/or significant experience delivering Brief Therapy or Single Session Therapy.
This is a 12-hour training, delivered over four 3-hour Zoom sessions with additional resources available at any time on the course site in a learning platform. It is the third training in a three-course series which comprises the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Certificate but can also be taken as a single course.
These courses will benefit health practitioners who frequently engage in stand- alone brief conversations with clients, and is designed for practitioners working in brief service delivery formats such as mental health walk-in-clinics, crisis or outreach services, school settings, and community-based mental health organizations.
- Identify and manage risk within single session or brief therapy contexts.
- Employ strategies to establish desired outcomes in complex clinical presentations and supporting clients to identify healthy goals.
- Engage techniques in your practices that effectively nurture client resiliency and empowerment.
- Develop and pose questions that lead to meaningful change in challenging times.
- Use techniques to remain on track and grounded in challenging clinical situations.