The Brief Therapy Certificate consists of three 12-hour courses which include zoom-based learning, sharing, reflection, practice and debrief to enhance skills and improve implementation of the growing and increasingly essential clinical practices associated with the Brief Therapy model. The skills presented in each Zoom session will be explored using client cases, review of related scenarios or case consultations, and practice opportunities.
The Brief Therapy Certificate is a series of interactive, practice-based courses which intend to create a community of practice atmosphere in which practitioners can deepen their skills, practice, learning, and reflection. The Brief Therapy Certificate is a series of interactive, practice-based courses which intend to create a community of practice atmosphere in which practitioners can deepen their skills, practice, learning, and reflection.
The three courses are:
- Implementing Brief Therapy Modalities
- Maximizing the Potential of Single Session Therapy
- Using Brief and Single Session Therapy with Complex and High-Risk Issues
These courses will benefit health practitioners who frequently engage in stand-alone brief conversations with clients, and is designed for practitioners working in brief service delivery formats such as mental health walk-in-clinics, crisis or outreach services, school settings, and community-based mental health organizations.
- Recognize the principles, foundational approaches, and critical skills of Brief Therapy.
- Generate meaningful questions that elicit client change and co-construct outcomes for sessions that are sensitive, compassionate, and realistic.
- Implement techniques relevant to diverse populations, complex clinical presentations, and a wide range settings and circumstances.
- Reflect and apply transformative self knowledge to the work and develop grounding techniques to use as a practitioner to enhance focus, efficacy, and self care.
- Identify key elements of effective single session therapy, use a Single Session Conversation Guide, and manage time, self-compassion, risk, and resources in Single Session Therapy.
- Engage a range of techniques that effectively nurture client resiliency and agency.
- Each 12-hour course requires a commitment of four 3-hour Zoom sessions and an additional hour per week of connection to peers and resources on a learning platform.
- To complete the Brief Therapy Certificate, you must complete all three courses.
- Due to the interactive, practice-based, peer sharing, and collaborative learning model employed throughout the Brief Therapy Certificate, none of the courses will have equivalency with any other completed trainings.
- Register soon to secure a spot in all three training courses to complete the Brief Therapy Certificate.
- Single course registration is also available at each course site.