Implementing Brief Therapy Modalities is an exploration of what it takes to be clinically effective using a Brief Therapy model. Participants will explore the philosophy, needs and foundational principles that underpin brief therapy and will share and practice specific skills. The course will provide an opportunity to address co constructing outcomes, asking meaningful questions that elicit client change or agency, meeting the specific needs of diverse populations or demographics and working within the challenging context of limited time and resources.
This course has been evaluated by the CCPA at 12 CEC hours.
This is a 12-hour training, delivered over four 3-hour Zoom sessions with additional resources available at any time on the course site in a learning platform. It is the first training in a three-course series which comprises the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Certificate but can also be taken as a single course.
This course will benefit health practitioners who frequently engage in stand- alone brief conversations with clients, and is designed for practitioners working in brief service delivery formats such as mental health walk-in-clinics, crisis or outreach services, school settings, and community-based mental health organizations.
- Recognize principles and foundational approaches of Solution Focused Brief
Therapy and understand how they differ from other formats and frameworks.
- Demonstrate co-constructing Solution Focused Brief Therapy outcomes that are sensitive, compassionate, and realistic.
- Implement techniques relevant to different populations including children, youth, and families.
- Generate meaningful questions to use in brief therapy that elicit client change.
- Implement grounding techniques to use as a practitioner for focus and self care.