This course, “Grief and Loss” will focus on innovative and fun activities to help meet therapeutic goals related to resolution of the impact of grief and loss. The workshop focuses on practical, effective tools, activities and strategies specific to this population utilizing activity- and play-based approaches. Using creative, engaging and effective interventions, participants will develop and strengthen their skills to work with individuals, groups, caregivers and families.
- Understand the impact of grief and loss on children and youth at different developmental stages.
- Identify symptoms that children and youth may experience and recognize when complicated grief may be present
- Use tools and activities appropriate to various developmental stages to assess grief and loss and support the healing process.
- Use a variety of interventions adapted to work with individuals, groups, or families.
- Develop skills to adapt grief work with very young children and build capacity of caregivers to support them.